Connect wireless sensors via Bluetooth
Sensor2plc: sending data from Bluetooth Low Energy sensors to the control unit
Up until now Bluetooth was mainly used to connect smartphones, tablets and PCs. However, now control and automation engineers also want to transmit sensor data via Bluetooth to the control unit. For this we have integrated the Bluetooth Low Energy interface into the DATAEAGLE radio system, giving you the possibility to transmit data from Bluetooth sensors directly into the control unit, via fieldbuses such as PROFINET. This means you can integrate sensor measurements directly into your control unit environment.
The DATAEAGLE 2730 gateway is designed to be the optimal interface between sensors and control unit. You can either use cable or Bluetooth Low Energy to feed sensor data into the gateway. It then redirects the data wirelessly via all standard interfaces to the control unit.
You can choose from a variety of interfaces: Profibus DP, Profinet, Ethernet IP, OPC/UA, Modbus TCP, POWERLINK, sercos, CANopen, EtherCAT, Devicenet and IO-Link.
DATAEAGLE Compact 2730
Via Bluetooth Low Energy from sensors to control units
- Plug & Play: perfect connection to plc using the DATAEAGLE compact 2730
- Radio data Trtnsmission range: up to 70 m
- Space-saving: IP20 for direct installation in the control cabinet.
- Interface: Ethernet-based fieldbus protocols.
- Wireless Sensor Network: Simultaneous data exchange for up to eight sensors per gateway
An overview of our currently compatible BLE sensors
Users can easily connect wireless Bluetooth sensors with the Wireless Sensor Gateway DATAEAGLE compact 2730. The Bluetooth sensor is coupled once with the gateway in order to parameterise the sensor protocol. The MAC address is then used to uniquely assign the sensor.
- Plug & Play for already coupled BLE sensors
- Connection of other BLE sensors of different manufacturers possible
Write to us – we will be happy to call you back and answer all your questions about our products.
If you have any questions about our products, please do not hesitate to contact me.